To be able to compare and contrast mobile/web applications and determine its competitive advantage
- Each group is assigned an application category. The group must look for 2 applications on the same category.
- Determine if the apps are implemented as mobile app and/or web app.
- Determine the price of the apps.
- What are the main features of each application?
- What is the net value of the application?
- How did the application become popular?
- What is competitive advantage of each application?
- Which application will you recommend to use/download? Why? Rate 1-5.
Powerpoint presentation showing tasks 2-8.
Demo the features of the app (if your group is assigned)
- Transportation (Uber, Grab Car) – Gen
- Food review (Zomato, Zooloo) – Fermin
- Navigation (Waze, Maps) – Jairo
- Travel (airfare, hotels) – Kim
- Shopping (online shopping) – Ryan
- Social media (FB, Twitter etc.) – Kass
- Health (heartbeat checker, pedometer)
- Security (Fingerprint checker, phone locator)
- Banking (BPI, Paypal) – Lei
- Communication (Viber, Skype etc.) – Janella